Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

What is my defense if a boss have me to sign documents that

Customer Question

What is my defense if a boss have me to sign documents that she knew I shouldn't have and I trusted my employer and signed them without reading. She was trying to cover a mistake of not having the forms on the files from a year or so back before an audit
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, defense from what? Disciplinary action?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, legal disciplinary actions
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Defense should be chronological and detailed.
Identify all directions given and by whom. The defense is based on following direction.
If not afforded reasonable review let me suggest You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case? I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe I asked the wrong question, what can I be charged with, this is dealing with a Medicaid audit
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
I see no personal liability. Only consequence with employment which can include suspension and other disciplinary action. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't really get my question answer. Will have to call when I have the time
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
No criminal or civil liability. At most company may reprimand but even there if you followed direction company cannot typically even do that. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.