Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have been having issues with my supervisor that i

Customer Question

Hello, I have been having issues with my supervisor that i have never had before ever since i reported her to HR and i feel this is retaliation. In a matter of 6 months they have tryed to destroy my character and I have been with the company for almost 4 years. They have never had any issues with my performance - and they now want to fire me because they say i show improvement in areas that they gave me feedback on however it is not enough and i no longer fit/deserve my position. What do I do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Is this a union position? Do you have an employment contract stating that you can only be terminated for causee? Any evidence to support that this treatment is based on your race, religion, gender, age, disability or recent FMLA use? When you stated that you reported someone to HR, what was the basis for that complaint? Discrimination based on one of the factors I mentioned before?