Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I was asked to take a random UA today when I got to the doctors

Customer Question

I was asked to take a random UA today when I got to the doctors office one of my supervisors (not my employer) told me to get undressed and pee in front of him so he can see if i tamper with the unrine ... I refused because I felt sexually harassed by that idea.. And then the supervisor fired me (again not my employer ) is this legal what they are doing to me !?!!!!?!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I suggest that if you were ordered to urinate in front of anyone, that could be a basis for an Invasion of privacy matter. Additionally, random drug testing is prohibited, unless you have agreed to it in writing. The testing can only be requested on reasonable suspicion of drug use and reasons for suspicion must be documented and made available to the employee on request.
The Colorado Supreme Court has upheld employee testing based on "reasonable suspicion" by the employee’s supervisor that the employee uses or is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
Drug tests must be conducted by NIDA-certified testing laboratories only. Random testing is prohibited and prior notice to applicants is required as well, among other specific provisions. Requiring employees to disrobe or provide a urine sample in front of others could be a privacy violation.
The employer must pay for all relevant medical examinations required of employees.
Further, I suggest, if there is a company policy, every employee must have been provided a copy of it and it should also be prominently displayed where they can continue to see it.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you