Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I live in Florida and have recently been fired. I worked

Customer Question

Hi, I live in Florida and have recently been fired. I worked with the company for a little over four months and then was let go. I worked with my previous company for 7 plus years and took about three weeks off between jobs. I have heard that if you are
not with a company for a certain time period you can not claim unemployment. Is this true? Should I be concerned that I will not be able to collect?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I believe you may have just posted this question under a different account. I responded to your other question, and will copy my response to you here. Please confirm that you posted the other question on the other account and I will go ahead and have that question closed and a refund issued to you for the duplicate question. Here's my original response:

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

I am very sorry that you were released from your job. The good news is that there is no requirement that an employee be employed for a specific length of time before they can claim benefits. The requirement is that you have paid sufficiently into the system through your withholdings on each paycheck and that you presently find yourself unemployed through no fault of your own. Four months on its own would be sufficient payment into the system, but the contributions you made from your previous job also count. Factoring that into the equation, there is no question that you have paid sufficiently into the system to claim benefits. If you were let go for failing to hit sales goals, you are also certainly unemployed through no fault of your own.

You can file your claim here: https://connect.myflorida.com/Claimant/Core/Login.ASPX

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

I just wanted to followup because I have not heard back from you and this question is still open. Did you want me to close the other question? Was I able to address your concerns? Please let me know.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Patrick,

Thank you for your help your answer was very helpful. It would be great it you are able to refund one of my questions it seems like I was charged several times for the same question.

Best

Jason

Jason, Thank you for you reply. I will go ahead and close the other question and ask the site moderators to issue you a refund. Please do not forget to enter a positive rating here if I have answered your question, though. This is the only way I receive credit for my work, and so is very much appreciated. Best wishes, Patrick