Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I was fired harassment charge by a one day laborer

Customer Question

I was fired for a sexual harassment charge by a one day laborer who complained to her immediate supervisor and said that if I was not fired she would sue. I talked to his boss and he said that he could not do anything about it.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I am sorry to hear of this situation.
What information can I provide to you; what is the question in this regard?
Does the employer have a process of appeal for termination?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I suggest you consider an EEOC complaint. You have a claim if you can show that you were the target of discrimination.
If the alledged incident was based on your race, age, gender, religion, a disability or your national origin, the I suggest you file the complaint with the EEOC.
Otherwise, you are an "at will" employee and can be fired for any reason or no reason at all.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you