annelew12554
annelew12554,
5242771

I am receiving a pension from a union. I did some consulting

Customer Question

I am receiving a pension from a union. I did some consulting work and it amounted to 22 working days in 2014. The union sent me a form to fill out, 1099 for self employment. They are stating that if you are receiving regular, early or service pension, you cannot work in any employment that would be considered Operating Engineer work. They want me to answer questions about the calendar year 2014, if I received any income from self-employment or receive an IRS for 1099 for self-employment. They want me to volunteer the information. They want me to give the Authorization to obtain earnings data from the Social Security Administration. What is the best advice? Thanks, Chuck
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I will be happy to help you.

I would NEVER volunteer that kind of information. I've not heard of any Union Workers Scam going around. so, while it may be a legitimate letter, I still would NEVER give someone my SS# ***** with DOB in order to pull my information from SS.

Since this is voluntary, if it were me, I'd throw it away.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll be notified.

If this has answered your question, please take the moment to rate positive so that I may be given credit for working with you today.

It is only through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge

Thank you for choosing justanswer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is not a tax question. Please answer. It is a terms of agreement with my union. It is a collective bargaining agreement. Please get me someone to advise me with correct information.

I apologize that I mis read your question.

I think transferring your question to legal is the best thing for you.

I will do that now.

Please, do NOT respond back to me as it will only delay the transfer.