Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  In-House Counsel & Litigator
12711280

I live in New York State MY question is,I work company

Customer Question

I live in New York State MY question is,I work for this company for 14 years,the last 10 years I was a manage, I wanted to step down because it was to much for me.I am 68 years old,he has giving me a part time position but we never discuss pay or any thing else.Now he inform me I will lost my 3 weeks vacation and drop in pay.My question is does he right to do this to me???
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, he does have the ability to drop you pay if you take a lesser position that is not a management position. The taking your future vacation is allowable as well. However, he arguably does not have the ability to take away vacation time that you have accrued, unless this is specifically provided for in the policy and procedures of the company. If he has taken accrued vacation (or vacation time you have already earned) then you may have a cause of action. Let me know if you have any additional questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively. Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any other questions or comments? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks