wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I talked to you before about my employer problems,what

Customer Question

Hi I talked to you before about my employer problems,what can i do? He has been claiming to people that im on drugs,stole his stuff ect... I talked to the labor department and they cant help me out My next move would be IRS as i want my money from im back
and thought of the whistler programm to claim the rewards
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.
This is an unfortunate situation, if the employer is making false statements about you, only a defamation lawsuit against the employer can be brought. In terms of the IRS, if the employer has violated federal law in regards ***** ***** paying you, they may take some action, they investigate tax related issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okOk but im here not with a work visa,would that put me in the hot seat or him?
He askes me to stay and will do the paperwork to file itWould the IRS audit me or charge me any taxes based on waiges i have not receved?What can i do to get my waiges out if him if not goint to the IRS?
the irs would not audit you, however if the employer violated the law they would go after the employer. Also, you can sue him directly in civil court for any unpaid wages.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok what is the cost of the civil court legal actions?I´ve tryed to get someone to take it in but no luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know you cant give an exact figure just an estimate and who to speak to in general
legal fees could range $1500-$5000 depending on what the Attorney wants to charge.
You should consider small claims court, as you can do it yourself.