Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My daughter/grand daughter was hit by a semi truck and she

Customer Question

my daughter/grand daughter was hit by a semi truck and she is unable to go back to work she was denied unemployment and has no resource of money,her Dr has her on light duty but her job says they cant put her back on schedule til there are no restriction she is 2 months behind in rent can she be evicted?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I am sorry to hear of the situation with your daughter and hope she is healing well.Unfortunately, yes. If she is behind in her rent, the LL can bring an eviction to the courts. She would first need to be handed Notice to Vacate based on back rent owed. She does not need to move out at that time. She can go to the hearing and tell the judge her situation. If between the Notice is giving and the hearing she is able to pay the rent due, the matter of eviction can be dismissed.I suggest, however, that she consider applying for temporary disability by Using this LINK