Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am a contractor working gov. They closed the base I

Customer Question

I am a contractor working for s gov. They closed the base I was at and I was looking for employment, I recieved an offer online from a company caled Swiftships they had a contract to fix Iraq pt boats in Basrah. They said get visa from Abu Dabi and fly to Iraq and they would reimburse and pay 300 a day. I found out latter all they wanted was for me to come and diagnos a problem with on board chiller. Getting there fond out not for us but Iraq navy problem unfixable with with extremely limited tools suggested they replace and was told was no longert needed so left but never recieved any compensation ever though they said they would when I corresponded with them . This happened last September. Is there any thing to be done about this about 6000 us dollars owed to me
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. If I may ask, who exactly hired you? Was it the US government or a private contractor who had a contract with the government? Did you fill out any documentation? Where are they based from?