Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm in home health care am new to it . I worked in a hospital

Customer Question

I'm in home health care am new to it . I worked in a hospital for 12 as an RN . The organization I'm with tells me it's ok to take a telephone order from another RN for care needed and medications . I'm uncomfortable doing this especially because the doctor could give the order there in the office during day .
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I work in a home health care setting use work hospital setting ! Is it ok for a telephone order to be given to RN fromRN given by a physician
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. Thank you for clarifying your question. I wasn't sure if you were going to ask about the legality of the telephone orders, or whether you were asking about something pertaining to employment law (the question is in the employment law category), such as whether you can be fired for refusing to take such telephone orders. Since it appears that your question is not an employment law question, and instead deals with legal requirements regarding prescriptions, etc., I will opt out and open the question to other attorneys who may know more about that topic. Thank you and good luck!
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I'm in home health care am new to it . I worked in a hospital for 12 as an RN . The organization I'm with tells me it's ok to take a telephone order from another RN for care needed and medications . I'm uncomfortable doing this especially because the doctor could give the order there in the office during day.
Response: Yes, it is okay. There is nothing illegal about this procedure. The RNs work for the same institution.