Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

I work company as of Buyer. Recently I terminated

Customer Question

I work for this company as of Buyer. Recently I terminated 2 drivers for misconducted and
now they made a flyer about me put them on the street and newspaper.
I reported this incident to my company and company is not taking any action but told me
To wait. I been under lot of stress and can't sleep nor eat. Now i can't even work as of buyer
because my reputation is on the floor. Can i sue my company for not protecting me from
this incident.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
No you can't sue your company because they are not legally liable for what two former employees may be doing. They are not under any legal obligation to take any sort of protected action as it pertains to your reputation except for actions within the workplace. Your only legally available action would be against the individuals themselves in small claims court.