Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  In-House Counsel & Litigator
12711280

What are some of the basic union activities, the bargaining

Customer Question

What are some of the basic union activities, the bargaining agent has the right to perform and the employer cannot interfere, impede, or attempt to prevent?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
The employer cannot interfere with the members meeting as a group on their own time, cannot impede on them voting on union matters or to unionize, cannot impede on sanctioned union decisions and cannot take measures to intimidate or strong arm employees from either joining a union or against union employees. Moreover, the employer, like the union, is bound by any and all other details as outlined in their collective bargaining agreement which go above and beyond that which is mentioned above. They are only limited to their imaginations as to what can be contained in that collective bargaining agreement and which is enforceable at law. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please rate my answer positively as well. Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any other questions or comments? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!