Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Is there a case when the manager threatens your job and insults

Customer Question

Is there a case when the manager threatens your job and insults your work, everyday. Never been written up, never late, never called in sick in 2 years comended by two different district managers
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
I am sorry to hear of this situation.
If the insults are directed at you because of your race, religion, age, gender, national origin or a disability then you could have a basis for a discrimination lawsuit and should consider filing a complaint with the EEOC at www.eeoc.gov
Otherwise, it is unfortunate, but there are no laws that regulate general "rudeness" by an employer or a co worker.
Anyone can be terminated for any reason that is not based on one of the above discrimination factors.
I suggest, that you could begin with the manager's superior or your HR and tell them that you are feeling harassed and you need to have a mediation to figure out why.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you