Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  In-House Counsel & Litigator
12711280

My husband has worked 27 years and has an excellent

Customer Question

My husband has worked for MWR 27 years and has an excellent work history up until the new boss came in. He gave my husband a satisfactory rating and continues to audit him. Today they are auditing range balls. His boss months ago called INCOM in who is over all military golf courses and my husband was commended for his expertise ... they found nothing. I feel like my husband is being harrassed.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
If you feel as though he is being harassed based on his age, race, gender or due to any disability, then he has protections under the civil rights act. As such, if he feels he is being discriminated against based on any of these protected areas, he should file a grievance with the EEOC as soon as reasonably possible (he has 180 days from the most recent discriminatory event). The EEOC will investigate the matter, and if it finds merit, will allow your husband to sue in federal court for damages. Many are concerned about retaliation if they file an EEOC complaint. Federal law specifically protects employees from retaliation. If he is retaliated against, whether or not he is found to actually be the subject of discrimination, he will have another cause of action against his employer as well in federal court for damages and attorney fees. So, he is protected there as well. Outside of the subject of discrimination, there are unfortunately not other legal protections in place to prevent what is happening to your husband unfortunately. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively as well. Best wishes going forward.