John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

Doesn't the Human Resources legally have to disclose

Customer Question

Doesn't the Human Resources legally have to disclose complaints about me to me?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and counseling experience in these types of matters, and I’m happy to assist you with your question today.
No, that's a common misconception. Human resources is solely on the side of the employer. While various employers make it appear that HR is the employee's advocate, there is no truth in that statement. Rather HR is a department and in fact has a fiduciary duty to the employer only; not the employee. So, bot***** *****ne they do not have a duty to the employer for anything.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers; otherwise the website just keeps your payment and doesn’t credit me at all. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.