ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

My sister is in hospitol in serious condition, her daughter

Customer Question

My sister is in hospitol in serious condition, her daughter will not give me name of hospitol or doctor. can she legally keep this from me?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I cannot imagine what type of daughter would do such a thing. Unfortunately there's no law that gives you the right to know this information, even if someone else knows it (such as her daughter). She has no legal obligation or duty to let you know where your sister is being treated, and she could not be compelled to give you that information in a court of law. I agree it's immoral, unethical, and just plain wrong. But I'm afraid that it's not illegal. I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did that answer your question?
I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!