Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

My employer says the company does not participate in FMLA.

Customer Question

My employer says the company does not participate in FMLA. We do have the required 50 employees and the worker has been employed full time for over a year. The boss is trying to force her to quit. She needs FMLA asap for seriously ill spouse. Is there a legal reason the company can opt out of FMLA?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
No, the FMLA is a federal law and any violation will subject the company to disability discrimination. Make sure you get these statements in writing, perhaps in a responsive email that the company elects not to follow federal law. I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions Please rate my answer so that i may be credited for my time. Thank you.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.