Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My boss sold her store,i worked there years. The new

Customer Question

My boss sold her store,i worked there for 3 years. The new owners said they were going to keep me. Over the year that i worked for them they cut my hours, told me that they didnt like to pay me what i was making it was to much, they said i was to old, i need to dye my hair so it would make me look younger a light brown would be good, they said they could let me go and hire two younger girls to do the job cheaper than paying me 14.00 an hour. They also said i was to old and they were going to let me go because they only want young girls working the counter it is better for the store. Do i have a claim and what should i do im 46 and i would still be working there if it wasnt for these 20 year old guys that bought the store.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
Your question is a bit unclear. You do not mention that you were terminated or quit, but then you begin talking about unemployment benefits. Were you fired? Did you resign?
Also, what exactly is it that you would like to know? Right now, I understand that you "have to send back some question sheets," but that is rather vague. What is your specific legal question? If you can, try to be more specific than "what do I do?"
I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.