John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I left an employment of 22 years. I removed a spam

Customer Question

Hello, I left an employment of 22 years. I removed a spam filter of the company email. this also deleted some people from receiving emails for a few days. this did not delete the account. I also sent an email to many people in the company explaining why I left.
basically because of the general manager and president of the co.
they did not back information I relayed to them. it is in Alabama they are using section 6-5-186 what I said was truthful and did not give nearly what I could.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and counseling experience in these types of matters, and I’m happy to assist you with your question today.
I understand you have been sued for libel. What information are you seeking regarding the matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not being sued as of yet. A letter stating that I sent a self destructing email defaming 2 people of the company I worked for and that I should retract immediately.This is the email I sent
To begin I would like to apologise to everyone for the stress and hurt feelings caused by myself this week.
The past 6 months have been very difficult for everyone. The new software will be beneficial just be patient and absorb the information and training.
My biggest issue over the past 2 months was having assistance and support from Rich and IdaRoss. After 4 months of the weekly project meetings they finally conceded to attend when possible. I received a small raise that I did not ask for and actually told them to give to the a couple of other people in the office.
How am I to ensure that Swift Supply has total buy in to the conversion when I am the only person every week. The respond I received several times is that I am rude and have little patience.
Once again the software conversion is not the reason for my departure.My leaving is a difference of opinion with a few select personnel.
Atmore, Brewton and Monroeville did a great job last week. Orange Beach of course had the most tickets with odd circumstances. I understand Pensacola's hesitants entering tickets that are originally invoiced in Orange Beach.
The exercise is XXXX way to determine if we are training appropriately.
XXXXXwas not prepared.
I wish the circumstances were different. Good luck.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
A demand for a retraction is the first step to being sued for libel. That being said I don't see how this email could in any way be libelous. You basically state how you had a difference of opinion with people and your opinion of the work projects. I cannot foresee how that can be libelous because it is largely opinion.
I don't think you should retract...I wouldn't anyway.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.