Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

Waitress at a truck in Indiana got with me because i

Customer Question

waitress at a truck in Indiana got nasty with me because i did not sit on her side for to get a tip from me. I was talking to the people next to me about how good the broccoli soup was. She over heard me and yelled out three times and i quote[the broccoli soup smell like baby shit].She em-barest me to death and made me sick every time i thought about it. Do i have a law suit.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney. I will do whatever I can to provide an honest and accurate answer to your question. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma.   I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.
Unfortunately, this is more of an etiquette or customer service issue than a legal one. Unless you can show that you were treated differently on account of your race, religion, ethnicity, etc., this is not the sort of situation a court would be able to grant you any relief.
Your remedy would be with the management of the restaurant. Perhaps they would give you coupons or other discounts at your next meal.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive.  Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part.   As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.
Best regards.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have further questions before you rate my answer.