Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am being sued by a former boss who used his position to gain

Customer Question

I am being sued by a former boss who used his position to gain and advantage
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardWhy are you being sued, please?What information can I provide for you in this regard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sold my boss a percentage of my timeshare and allowed him to use it before we officially closed. When it was time to close he wouldn't pay for the closing and would make me book reservations for him using the time share . If I didn't he would threaten to fire me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He also wouldn't pay the maintenance fees as well and tell it was a better deal for him with it still in my name cause he didn't have to pay the maintenance fees
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear of this situation.What information can I provide for you, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has sued me and is asking for a summary judgement for the cost of the time share back how do I fight this
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank youI apologize. But I will need to opt out and allow another professional to help you. I am not familiar with timeshares. Please be patient and another professional will assist you. Your deposit will remain in tact. Thank you
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) If you receive an offer for a phone call while we chat, please know that this is automatically site-generated and due to reason in (A), I cannot do it in most situations. Unless the phone call offer begins with "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" which means I personally initiated it, please do not entertain any such offer;(C) For the sake of clarity I may break my replies into several parts, so there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies. Ergo, until you see me saying "I am ready to be rated," that means I am still working with you and we have not finished yet.Do you mean he ALREADY has a summary judgment against you? If so, when did the Court order it? Did you ever file an answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he does not have a summary judgement his attorney filed for one yesterday
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
1) Can you upload his original complaint? See here for instructions.
2) Did you ever file an ANSWER to the lawsuit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did file an answer I am on my phone I I can upload the original filing when I get home
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
I would very much appreciate this and I think it would be helpful. Can we pick up then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Okay, great.
If I am offline when you respond, I normally am able to respond within 12 hours if not less.