Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I currently work at a call center....when we are allowed to

Customer Question

I currently work at a call center....when we are allowed to take our scheduled breaks we must clock in and clock out. During the day when you have to use the restroom we must clock in and clock out, but we have to say "break" but it's just you going to the restroom. well to make a long story short. I recently started this diet, and I have been drinking water more frequently which makes me have to go to the restroom, my HR informed me that I was late coming back from an unauthorized break, I then informed them I was not on break I had to go to the restroom, HR informed me that I needed to bring a doctors excuse, since I have to go to the restroom so frequently (three times within an 12 hour work day) I work from 9 am to 9 pm. This is not the first time I had run ins with our HR support staff. Secondly at this call center we try to help customer with their apple telephone, when we can not assist the customer in training we were told to send the call to Tier 2 more qualified person woulld try to assist, but if we do that HR will tell me that I am sending too many calls to Tier 2, but if I can't assist the customer isn't that what is to happen, so I receive a oral for poor work performance, thirdly when you finish assisting customers there is a survey that the customer must fill out, regarding their service for the day, some of my customers surveys came back negative due to they were not pleased with customer service at the physical store, they were sent to for assistance, but HR states that bad survey goes against me, so I received a written for poor work performance, all these issues did not come up until my Team Leader suggested that I apply for one of the Tier 2 positions. I don't know if I'm being emotional or if I am being singled out/harassed, there are other employees that come back late from lunch, always send calls to tier 2 and receive bad surveys on them but they are never called into HR for discipline. I have never received a copy of any of these disciiplines/complaints. Can you please assist
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
I would be happy to assist but I am unclear as to your question. What specifically can I answer for you?