Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was discrimated at work,have no kids:so i was put on closing

Customer Question

i was discrimated at work,have no kids:so i was put on closing store almost every night.it is suspose to be a flexable schedule.also was told since i closed i was responseable for all work that was susposed to be done throughout the day.and when deposit was wrong i had to make it right out of my own pocket,even if the mistake was not mine but because i closed the store every night.and was forced to pay or be written up for a 36.00 shortage that accurred from the other assistant "draw.and because i didnt go to church that i could work all sundays so my manager could attain church.i believe this all steamed from me reporting her damageing out merchindise(over a 1000.00)dollars worth,and taking the stuff home.cause after that is when i got all the crappy shifts.also was belittled by her infront of customers and venders,to the point that one of the venders reported her to our interigry line.after the second time she belittled and hollared at me i stood up for myself and talked back,expressing that i wasnt going to be talked to that way ant more.the following day i talked to our dristrict manager and related the message to him about what was happening.his response was i could be fired for insubornation.i told him i felt like i was being set-up for failure and asked to be moved.he refused and aslo inclinded that he wanted her at that store.i felt as if i was being pushed out of my job so i put my 2 weeks notice in,and in that time i found out she had already had someone to replace meand on my last night i was cut(shaved)30 minutes off my scheduled hours due to the fact that it took me an extra 15 to 20 minutes to close two nights prior.ive been watching her eat and drink products from the store since she was hired 3 months and not paying for them.i had already reported her so i felt she forced me to quit by making my job(which i once loved)misaberable.i worked for this company for 2 years,had 4 different managers with no complaints.what are my choices?i would like to sue???
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####home
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Please explain was the discrimination based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin? Discrimination has different types, legal and illegal, it is only illegal if it is based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, but other types of discrimination can occur in the workplace but those are not illegal types of discrimination that can be sued over.