Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am a RN casemanager home hlth co.I hotlined the previos

Customer Question

I am a RN casemanager for a home hlth co.I hotlined the previos rn for neglect,fraud to div. of aging.Can I get fired for that since I am mandated as a nurse to hotline problems? The nurse was writing up visits she didn't do,decreased a pt to 1 x wk due to mileage and time,lied about her wound which was massive. I turned it in to my Sup. and she had to talk with her Sup and last wk her Sup was called to local office by me and she said she couldn't say if RN was turned in. So, to cover me, I hotlined her. Now what?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
As you are probably aware, you can be terminated for any reason that is not based on discrimination. And so you could be fired, but if you can prove it was because you made a Hotline Report, then you would have legal recourse for a wrongful termination. You should not be fired for such a complaint.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I don't need this service monthly
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
You're welcome. I am not privy to any payment plans, etc.
If you have questions regarding payment, please use the Contact Us button below and someone will assist you.
Thanking you in advance for a positive rating.
Good luck