Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

We have a small business with about 10 full time workers.

Customer Question

Hello,we have a small business with about 10 full time workers. they all receive vacations pay.we were shut done for 8 months due to roof repairs. during that time all employees received full pay for 60 days, after that insurance paid only 3 up till the time we opened. the others received unemployment. My question, should i pay any vacations this year or wait a year?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information and your question. Can you tell me what State you are located in and also, do you have a written guarantee of vacation accrual? If so, is it tied to hours worked? Also, were the employees receiving any other benefits (other than unemployment or pay in some cases) while you were shut down?
Hello again,
I see where you read my request for more information but not where you responded. If you did attempt to respond, it did not come through. Therefore, if you still need assistance, I will need the information I asked for before I can answer you. If you no longer need assistance, please feel free to contact customer service and request a refund of any deposit you might have left with the Site. (Experts like me are Users of the Site and don't have access to your funds or payment history)