Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I'm in Atlanta GA. I work made and alteration clothes,

Customer Question

I'm in Atlanta GA. I work for custom made and alteration clothes, same shop for 12 years. minimum salary, and now my boss (who I training after he took over 8 years ago) want me to SIGN SOME PAPERS; claiming that I can't working the same fields or trade business in the metro area; for a penalty of $10.000 we want no competition, want monopolies for anything he does business.
I think that is a violation. I got the right to work and sale.
I'm no doing or trying to do any of that; because don't have the resources now butt like the dream that one day can open a shop or work for some place else with all my expertise if I choose so.
Thanks ..George (*****@******.***)
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. I am sorry to hear about the choice you are faced with. What exactly is your question? Are you asking whether your employer can fire you if you refuse to sign the non-compete agreement?
I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.