Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My Director of Nursing had in her possession, my personal physical

Customer Question

My Director of Nursing had in her possession, my personal physical therapy documentation, relating to my workers comp claim, without my permission, verbal or otherwise, violating my HIPPA privacy, what are the ramifications of her violating my rights?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we try to answer general ones like "what are the ramification" "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.