Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney
19958803

Retaking polygraphs: I recently took a polygraph and failed

Customer Question

Retaking polygraphs:
I recently took a polygraph and failed because I was hiding my past. I obviously didn't do a good job at doing that. I will possibly be taking another polygraph but for a different job and if I admit to everything I've done ahead of time, could the employer contact or find a way to see what I lied about on the first polygraph? Would it be a better idea to just admit to everything or to try and "trick" the polygraph test? Or just get hypnotized? (Honestly, could that be an option?)
Thanks!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Does the second potential employer have any relation to the first?
.
.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the type of job, not the area or same state.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then there really isn't any way for the second employer to find out about the polygraph test. these are usually taken under confidential circumstances and the first potential employer wouldn't disclose anything about the test for fear of being sued by you.
.
As for taking the second polygraph, they are pretty sophisticated machines and the operators highly trained to determine if someone is being deceptive. So I would rather go ahead and be upfront with everything then try to rig the game or lie and get caught, thus eliminating any possibility for the job.
.
.
Thanks