ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Can a volunteer firefighter who volunteer combination

Customer Question

Can a volunteer firefighter who volunteer for a combination who also employ part time firefighters swap over to part time firefighter for the same department. Would that volunteer have to stay off the roster for a certain amount of time?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
There's no law that would require this. The only way that the volunteer would HAVE to stay off the roster for a certain amount of time is if the local policies dictated it. Otherwise, there would be no requirement for this to happen and it would be dependent upon the discretion of the management of the fire department that handles scheduling.
Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?
Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)
Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?