Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have been discharged I would replace every body

Customer Question

I have been discharged for saying I would replace every body until I had a crew that would do the job. More importantly I was accused of using a racial slur against Cuban American calling them water ni**ers I was asked about that and I denied it I said
I knew who it was I'm set calling them water ni**ers I was asked about that and I denied it I said I knew who it was who said and as a manager I had told him not to use that term again. I believe I have been fired unjustly and there are other statements being
made I want to know if I have grounds for a lawsuit and proceed and as a manager I had told him not to use that term again. I believe I have been fired unjustly and there are other statements being made I want to know if I have grounds for a lawsuit and to
to file a suit for Unjustified Discharge. There are more details but I think that I should speak to someone in person. This is a California corporation DBA in Florida.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you have a written contract for employment or were you an at will employee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I signed papers that I was I was being hired to do a specific job all with all of the verbiage of no overtime and that the job would be past 40 hours etc. I have a copy it could possibly be at will I really don't know. I was being hired to do a specific job all with all of the verbiage of no overtime and that the job would be past 40 hours etc. I have a copy it could possibly be at will I really don't know. I don't know and I realize that even though I read some of it is that whether it constitutes a contract or not I don't know but contracts lot location was agreed to I was to be paid $2000 a month gross it was in I don't know and I realize that even though I read some of it is that whether it constitutes a contract or not I don't know but I believe contractual obligation was entered into by both parties. My wife and I signed separate contracts in fact she should probably be included in this. I realize I'm probably rambling I'm just reaching for some sort of answer. The my wife and I signed separate contracts in fact she should probably be included in this. I realize I'm probably rambling I'm just reaching for some sort of answer. HR people will not of course divulge any information since you're supposed to be confidential yet they allegedly chose one of the employees and have been here the longest to make app HR people will not of course divulge any information since you're supposed to be confidential yet they allegedly chose one of the employees and have been here the longest to make appointments for the others to meet with the regional manager. I do not know what would be of assistance so please inform me of any additional information that is needed.
Thank you for your reply.
It makes a difference as to whether or not you are an at will employee as to what your answer is. If you want to upload your contract that you signed I would be happy to review it for you and let you know.
The reason I say this is because an at will employee has no real rights if the employer terminates them for any reason other than based only on their age/race/sex/disability/national origin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will upload sometime today. Thank you
Thank you for your reply. I will await your response.