Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was at work not feeling weel and address to the supervisor

Customer Question

I was at work not feeling weel and address to the supervisor that during this afternoon I would be leaving today because I was not at par to complete my job assignment. She stated that I was leaving because I wanted to during that time I addressed to her to find a relieve for me She responded back if that's if she can find a replacement. During that moment I said that if I tryed staying till this afternoon I would not be able to withstand working and if I fainted due to my health a supervisor would be held responsible. She started to say in a loud manner if I'm threatening her I clearly address to her that I was not threatening her but replying a supervisor will be held accountable she stated that this is the end of our discussion at that moment I headed towards the office to speak with the supervisor and address to him about the situation explaing what happed. My question is how can I protect myself of false accusation and if when I go back to work what steps to take to protect my integrity and any other necessary step can you please give me advise.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ben.jones replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. You have mentioned this relates to Texas law but have posted it in our UK law section - what country does this actually relate to please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
United States of America
I'm a first time user
Expert:  ben.jones replied 2 years ago.
ok no problem I will move your question to the right category, no need to respond in the meantime, thanks
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in.
My question is how can I protect myself of false accusation and if when I go back to work what steps to take to protect my integrity and any other necessary step can you please give me advise.
This is a very open-ended question. What exactly are you asking? For example, "do I have a way to sue the coworker for slander," for example? Etc.
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.