Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Marsha. I had been with a company since it began. I had

Customer Question

Hi, Marsha. I had been with a company since it began. I had been saving my PTO for a family vacation. I had acquired about 100 hours of PTO. I wanted to withdraw it so I could have a nice vacation. But the company I was with stated I could not pull it out until the 2 days the mention at the end of the year or I quit my job. I quit my job because I did not think it was very professional of them to with hold my hard earned PTO. My question can they keep me from getting my money?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information and your question, however, I will need some clarification of your facts and your question before I can answer you. First, I need to know what State you worked in. Then I need to know what "money" you are referring to in your question. Are you asking if your employer must pay you for any unused accrued PTO that you had when you quit? If so, does your employer have a written policy that states one way or the other that unused accrued leave is or is not payable when the employee leaves employment?