Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Former judicial law clerk, lawyer
26798026

I offered a person a job on Wednesday, they accepted at 4:40

Customer Question

I offered a person a job on Wednesday, they accepted at 4:40 on Friday via vm and I recinded at 8am on Monday.. Do I have any liability. Nothing was in writing..
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Because employment is at-will, unless there is a signed contract, an employer can terminate an employee at any time. This also means that the employer is free to change his mind about giving someone a job, even after they accepted. The only exception would be if the change was due to some sort of illegal discrimination. Otherwise, there is no liability.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.