Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work at a convenience store in the kitchen have been asking

Customer Question

I work at a convenience store in the kitchen have been asking for a cashier position for a while a position comes open im turned down for it a maintence person is hired an the cashier position was gave to him I think its unfair labor practice a person who already has training should get the job first I wa told I was hired for one position only shouldnt I get a chance to move forward before someone new does
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Good evening and welcome. I am very sorry to hear that you were turned down for this cashier position. If you would be so kind, can you clarify what your question is concerning this situation? Are you asking whether you can sue your employer because you were not offered this position?
I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.