Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I was an anesthesia resident that was unfortunately

Customer Question

Hello, I was an anesthesia resident that was unfortunately terminated a few days ago. I was fired for poor performance during the month of May. I had several questions regarding how to approach my program director, regarding obtaining a letter of recommendation for future employment.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, avoid resigning. That can lead to bad record and denial of benefits.
Better to negotiate a severance. Employer may not discriminate against you and there is leverage in that.
The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.