Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I drive a tractor-trailer based out of Richmond, Virginia.

Customer Question

I drive a tractor-trailer based out of Richmond, Virginia. For the past 4 months I had see thru window tint, somebody alerted a head mgr to report me with very dark window tint and it was not very dark, I feel discriminated against because somebody does not know about the levels of window tint. I have been thru the weigh stations and never pulled in for citation, they let me go on. I was told to remove the window tint as I was possibly being bullied or a form of prejudice.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. I am sorry to hear about this situation. If you would be so kind, can you clarify what your actual question is? Are you asking whether you can sue your employer because you were asked to remove your window tint? Whether they can fire you if you refuse?
I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.