Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I am a manager (30 years service July 31) at my place of employment

Customer Question

I am a manager (30 years service July 31) at my place of employment (170 employee/36 million a year company), on 6/3 I broke up a fight with the last punch being an attempt at the knockout game. That afternoon I had a doctor's appointment (unrelated to the event), on departing the doctor asked me if anyone from upper management had spoken to me about the event, I told him they had not. He made a different kind of look & peering over the top of his glasses told me “they didn't want to talk to you”. My question, is there some requirement for such a conversation to occur or something they should be offering me (medical examination or something)? It is now 6/5 & not a word has been uttered by upper management. No, not even an “are you OK”
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Well workers compensation should cover work related injuries. If you feel that you suffered a work related injury as a result of the fight, report it to upper management so that they can direct you to a medical provider as it would be liable for injuries suffered. Although it was not illegal for them to fail to speak with yo about the injury, they must maintain workers' compensation insurance to cover work-related injuries.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.

Please rate my answer. Otherwise I will not be credited for my time. Thank you.