Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I do not know if I have a case, but I believe my situation violates bo

Customer Question

I do not know if I have a case, but I believe my situation violates both the Fair Labor Standards Practices Act and Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009
As well as being in complete violation of the Universities in house policy as to employee treatment and compensation. The CWRU HR website policy data information is http://www.case.edu/finadmin/humres/
In short, I was hired by CWRU in July of 2011 as the Endowment & Trust Accountant and worked under the direction of Assistant Controller, Michael Maire.
Mr. Maire transferred to a different department in July of 2013.
The Controller at the time, Bradley Fralic, hired a temp to manage some of Mr. Maire’s tasks, the Controller also managed some and I took on some.
In September of 2013, the CFO hired the “Director of Endowment & Restricted Funds”, Carrie Lovelace, an attorney with no interest or background in finance.
The Controller resigned from CWRU in December of 2013. When he left, I was tasked with all the financia
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you asking if you have a claim to pursue? was there discrimination or violation of company policy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I am making less than half of the white male who managed the workload that was added to my plate.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You can pursue such a claim under both fair labor standards act and state common law. You may consider an eeoc complaint. You may also pursue as a civil court action in federal court. Consider having counsel handle on contingency fee basis, and apply for award of legal fees as well. would you like a directory for that and is that helpful?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I already knew that. I think I was clear in my statement that I know they are violating FLSPA and Lilly Ledbetter, I need to know where to find an attorney that will go against the big bad Case Western Reserve University
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
and for that I can suggest 2 good directories for finding such counsel on contingency. would you like that information or something else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, this clearly was a waste of my time. Thank you
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome. You asked how to find counsel. I suggested a way of doing so. if you need something else, please let me know. we cannot represent customers through the website.