Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was in the middle of the hiring process at a hospital in

Customer Question

I was in the middle of the hiring process at a hospital in Texas and the moment I told them I was pregnant they ask for a OB/GYN clearance to conduct a physical assessment which included lifting 50 pounds. MY OB/GYN only allowed to lift 20 Ib. due to this restriction the Hospital told me that they cannot continue with the hiring process due to my pregnancy restrictions. Is this Legal?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Does the job require lifting 50 pounds? What type of job were you applying for?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.