Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I'm currently on probation my father in laws narcotic.

Customer Question

I'm currently on probation for taking my father in laws narcotic. I was honest about it prior to the UA test, I was terminated from my job. So now I'm on probation until November, and get random UA's. I had a UA a couple weeks ago and it came back positive for Ativan. I do not take Ativan. I take a sleeping pill call restoril, which are in the drug class as benzodiazepines, as Ativan is. I swear on the bible I didn't take Ativan!!!!! Is there any hope of hiring a lawyer and proving I'm innocent?? It's one of 2 things, either somebody put something in my drink or it's a false positive, which the lab says it isn't a false positive.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I will try and help, but I am confused. Do you wish to prove you are innocent to get your job back, or to beat a probation violation?
Please offer a little more detail and I will try and help.
DCG