How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

20 yr employed. was told i would get back my old job. now

Customer Question

20 yr employed. was told i would get back my old job. now unable to., because it is stilled filled by co-worker who is working for goverment since jan. of this year and will not resine. spoke with HR who has informed me it politics. our policey state leave of appance is 3 months and can not grarentee job. now HR not returning my calls. alot more to story but thats the quick version. i can not get through to labor board. can you help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Please tell me
How is it you lost the job?
Were you out on some sort of leave?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told to get my thingd and say nothing. And report to another dept. That no one would be returing. Something happened between boss's and person I was working with. Several months went by and no word. Was ask to work for new dept. With hasatation I did because other dept had no place to put me. At other position and it wasn't right for me. Director needed my to cover dept for vacation purpose and I wad told I would ho back. Now coworker is still in position but on leave of absence working for government
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Well, even as a government employee you can be moved to another department or trained in other areas. Is the job you are now doing at that same salary or did the move bring a salary deduction?
Do you feel this is because of discrimination - age, perhaps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfair policies by emplorer. This job should be posted. And person needs to resine. Policey says not able to take leave and work or more than 3 months. Employer is protecting this worket because it political. That is unfair policy practic
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloYes, it is unfair labor practices and you will need to report it to the Labor Board. There is no easy way to contact them - Have you tried an email?***@******.***