Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I've been give administrative leave with pay until I am cleared

Customer Question

I've been give administrative leave with pay until I am cleared by a medical professional. I've been given no paperwork, no timelines, nothing. I am not allowed to work. I have neurological issues and won't be released be a medical professional with these parameters anytime soon. What can the company do to me when the figure this out? I want to work, but it is doubtful that I'll get cleared.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you or the information and your question. Can you please tell me why you are being told you must be cleared to work? Were you injured or have you been out on FMLA? Have you used up all of your FMLA? Are you unable to do any work or just some of your duties? Can you perform the essential functions of your job?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been performing all of my job functions at and above expectations. I've not been off work, in fact, I've missed 1 day in a year. I've had some severe migraines at work, and there are two people who disagree with my policies that have cited that my demeanor has changed. No other individuals were interviewed.
Hello again and thank you for your response, however, I don't see any connection between what your response was and what your original question and fact pattern. Your answer was not entirely responsive to my questions. I still don't know why you are on unpaid leave and why you need a release. Please provide specific detail about that issue.