Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

Most workers in company work have bounced + we are

Customer Question

Most workers in company work for checks have bounced + we are not getting pay stubs. So we do not have info on deductions. Texas oil field.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines.
You need to file a complaint with the Texas Workforce Commission.
They are an arm of your state's department of labor and they are tasked with handling issues of pay, particularly failure to pay (bounced checks) and improper pay methods (no pay stubs).
It's a free service in your state and one that is protected, meaning the employer can't retaliate against you for using it, or they essentially hand you a lawsuit against them.
http://www.twc.state.tx.us/jobseekers/how-submit-wage-claim-under-texas-payday-law