Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am a victim of false accusations at my workplace by another

Customer Question

I am a victim of false accusations at my workplace by another coworker. This coworker wrote a letter to my manager statling I was saying that she was pregant by another coworker. I was sent home without pay while my company's HR dept investigate for five days. I am beside myself about this ordeal because this is false. I was told that i was creating a hostile work envirnment. I was removed from that site and sent to another site to work that pays me @.68 cent less. My supervisor had no ideal why they called me and told me that the Manager does not like me. I filed and EEOC five years ago against my manager because they supervisor kept putting his hands on me and the Manager stated that I was the problem. I believe this was retaliation from the EEOC complaint. When I returned to the HR'sffice I was told that they interview five people and nobody had nothing good to say about me. What should I do? How do I proceed
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Optional Information:
State/Country relating to question: North Carolina
What have you tried so far?: I went to EEOC and they made out a complaint for retaliation. Two days later they sent me a notice stating that they were dismissing the complaint because it has been five years and that I could file a law suit within 90 days

Response: Since you have filed complaint with EEOC and EEOC has dismissed your complaint because you have not made a case for retaliation and sent you a notice that you can file lawsuit within 90 days, then you may proceed with filing a lawsuit. Unfortunately, under the circumstances that you described, you would have difficulty finding an Attorney who would file the lawsuit on your behalf because you have not made a strong case for retaliation. Like EEOC, the Attorneys would find that you cannot allege retaliation five years after your previous EEOC complaint. Nonetheless, you can use the following sites to find local Attorneys who handle employment discrimination:
http://www.lawyers.com
http://www.justia.com
I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.