How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I protect myself from an employer who is lying to protect

Customer Question

How do I protect myself from an employer who is lying to protect another employee after he neglected to give me the proper safety equipment I am required to have by OSHA law for two months.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Have you reported the safety issues you're experiencing to OSHA?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I didn't but I did learn I have that right but I think it's to late because it happened in December to February and I now have a new harness
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
I see. Thank you for clarifying that for me.
If you had reported the safety issue to OSHA, which is typically a good course of action where the employer resists or ignores your safety concerns, then you would typically be protected by law against retaliation by the employer for reporting the safety issue.
It is often a closer call whether whistleblower protection is afforded where an employee only complains internally about safety matters, but since you did repeatedly complain to the employer about this and it appears you are now experiencing retaliation, it would be best to retain a local employment law attorney who handles whistleblower claims.
A communication to the employer from the attorney can help protect your rights and should get the employer to cease their retaliatory actions.
I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you would help direct me to a lawyer who could help me. I already know that I need a lawyer so this doesn't help me at all.
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
You asked how to protect yourself and I provided an answer to that. We are not permitted to provide attorney referrals through this website but the state bar association can assist you with that.
Here is a link to their website for your reference:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome and good luck to you with this matter!