John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I HAVE BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR (1) YEAR APPLYING (nj).

Customer Question

I HAVE BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR (1) YEAR APPLYING FOR LTD (nj). I HAVE BEEN RECEIVING BENEFITS FROM PRUDENTIAL VIA MY FORMER COMPANY. "IF" I AM DENIED SS DISABILITY AND PRU TERMS MY CASE, CAN I STILL COLLECT UE? THIS PAST YEAR HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE B/C OF HEALTH ISSUES (STAGE IV KIDNEY FAILURE BUT NO DIALYSIS) COMPOUNDED BY SEVEREHYPERTENSION. MY DOCTORS GIVE ME MIXED MESSAGES ABOUT MY FUTURE HEALTH AND SEEM RELUCTANT TO SIGN OFF ON THE LTD PAPERWORK. I AM 57 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN WOKRING SINCE AGE 21 W/ (2) TIMES ON UE- WHEN YOUNGEST DAUGHTER WAS BORN I WAS OUT 6 WEEKS AND TWO YEARS AGO FOR 3 MONTHS. I AM SO AFRAID OF GETTING SICKER AND ENDING UP ON DIALYSIS BUT MORE AFRAID OF NO MONEY COMING IN TO HELP SUPPORT MY FAMILY. CAN YOU ANSWER MY ? ABOUT UE IF DISABILITY IS DENIED? THANK YOU! KARINNbETSY
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and counseling experience in these types of matters, and I’m happy to assist you with your question today.
First off the chances that SSDI is denied when a private insurer is already paying a claim are very slim. Generally SSDI has a lower threshold than private insurers in regard to payout of benefits. Second, if SSDI were denied, that doesn't necessary mean prudential will terminate your coverage. Third, in either event (i.e., if prudential or SSDI deny your future claims I'd recommend you immediately retain representation and appeal the matters because you clearly cannot work....your case is a no brainer for disability.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers; otherwise the website just keeps your payment and doesn’t credit me at all. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.