Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My children attend a public charter school in Florida. My

Customer Question

My children attend a public charter school in Florida. My understanding is that the charter school board has not held elections for the past two years. Positions that open up are appointed by the current Board members. Isn't this illegal? And, if it is, who should I contact in the state to inform them of this illegality? What do you think the penalty would be for the Board and/or the school?Second, it is also my understanding the Dean of Discipline of this same school has no credentials whatsoever, no prior administrative or teaching experience. AND, the 8th grade math teacher is the spouse of the Dean. Isn't this also illegal and a major conflict of interest? If so, just like the first situation, who do I contact?Finally, as a concerned parent who does not want repercussions on my children, hire a lawyer to draft a letter to the state board of education (especially about the first situation)? Thank you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, you are indeed observing illegality concerning the lack of election and qualification. you could sue. Retaliation is illegal too but practical possibility. If you have counsel or do this with others affected, it should be easier in all respects. would you like a directory?