How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 55391
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was working at an engineering firm with H1B status. My employer

Customer Question

I was working at an engineering firm with H1B status. My employer gave me a letter claiming that he is firing me for lack of cooperation, he had me signed that but I sent him an email later describing the disrespectful behavior of an employee he was forcing me to work underneath. When he gave me the letter he said he supported me to get an interview with another company which I did but they did not send me any offer until now (so I am not sure if he really did or said that ti had me accept signing the letter). My employment with him was at will and his letter said that he will pay me the final check on the termination date which was May 8th. I did not receive any check and I am wondering if I can claim any unemployment compensations?? Please advice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, you may file for benefit and sue for unpaid wage. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.