Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Someone who I know has filed benefits through

Customer Question

Hi, Someone who I know has filed for LTD benefits through his employer as his medical condition doesn't allow him to do his current job. He is doing medical treatment but his initial claim has been rejected. He is in the process of re-appeal. In the meanwhile
is he eligible to claim his unemployment benefits to be able to do a training or school so that he will be able to find a job other than current job while his medical condition is treated.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Whether he is eligible for benefits would depend on whether he has worked long enough to be entitled to benefits and whether his state allows for training or school while he is collecting unemployment benefits.